Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2MHz oscilator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

A2K

Hi all.....

Has anyone got a design for a Oscilator circuit that generates a 2MHz square wave that they would not mind sharing.

Thanks a mil!!!!!!....

Cheers,

AK

Yes you can use a astable multivibrator, such as a 555 timer configured to create Square waves. Square waves are rich in harmonics so you can easilly get your 2MHz frequency that you want.

I'd suggest just buying one from digikey(or the closest store to you). Here's one that I made. Make sure that you use a good relay.

Parts:
IC1=4011 Quad-Nand Gate
R1=??? Probably 470K
R2=10K
C1=0.01uF
Q1=PNP3906
Diode at relay=4001-4007

Attachments

• ledflx.jpg
    ledflx.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,413
you can use ready oscillators ( see old pc cards and mobo).
if the frequency is not correct, you can use divider (i have bunch of 4MHz
oscillators). i don't know what is relay supposed to do in previous post.
relays have mechanical parts and they will hardly go faster than some 10-20Hz. even if it could run on 2000000Hz, i would suggest not to wire transistor as emiter follower and please add some resistor in the base circuit...

Here's a tutorial on using a 555 timer to generate a pulse with an approximate frequency. **broken link removed**
And yeah, what's up with the diagram above with a relay :?:

panic mode said:
you can use ready oscillators ( see old pc cards and mobo).
Thats what I said in my first sentence...

panic mode said:
i don't know what is relay supposed to do in previous post.
relays have mechanical parts and they will hardly go faster than some 10-20Hz. even if it could run on 2000000Hz
Relay is if you are using a voltage that the can't 4011 can't handle. If you get a really good relay, it can go that fast, but then price goes up. Thats why I said buy an oscillator.

Hey Nos,
The frequency of your oscillator is only about 3KHz. The request was for a 2MHz oscillator, 666 times higher. With a 12V supply, a 27pF cap and about 3.3K for both resistors, I made a 1.6MHz oscillator like yours.

What relay can toggle that fast and if it could, what would it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back