Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

27.12 MHZ Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepless

Helo All how to generate a 27.12 Mhz sine wave from a xtal oscillitor .I have to design this Using only 3 volts battery as i have to use this to design a small prototype of threaphy device for healing and pain relief. .Does anyone have any idea?

A simple colpitts oscillator and a single transistor buffer should give a reasonable sine wave, IF the crystal is cut at that fundamental frequency.
It may be an overtone type, that requires a tuned oscillator.

This is a basic colpitts crystal osc.
You would have to reduce the bias resistor value for 3V operation:

This is a third overtone circuit for 30MHz, which should be OK for 27MHz as well with minor adjustments, though again resistor values would need adjusting for 3V
I'd use a trimcap for C1, either 47pF or 22pF with 10pF in parallel.

[Image from this page: https://electronics.stackexchange.c...ration-of-higher-freq-from-lower-freq-crystal ]

threaphy device for healing and pain relief.
diathermy? i thought those machines ran a bit of wattage, as well as being restricted to the ISM bands.

There are different chrystals for given application. The Colpitts shown should fill your bill.
Now just the oscillator is not going to produce enough power for your job. a gain stage would be needed to provide that as many diathermy devices get up to a few watts output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back