Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24V 14.5A 230W DC Motor Protector

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have doubts about the whole protection system needs in general. Reason being the motors used in bumper cars are physically huge for their equivalent peak and continuous power ratings.

From what I can find online a typical motor is 9 - 12 inches in diameter and a good foot or so length and weighs 50 - 75+ pounds despite only being only rated for a few hundred watts peak. To me that right there says they are purpose built for high load extended stalling events without harming themselves similar to a basic old school electric forklift or golf cart traction motor design but inverted so that the case rotates and the rotor stays stationary.

About the only modern variation on the design I can find is that more modern systems put a simple PWM controller in series with the motor to give them varible speed and or torque/current draw limiting capacity which if so pretty much makes the stall state current peak limited by design if the motors own internal as built winding resistance doesn't already do that.

BumperCarBarbieri1.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back