230VAC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there

I have a standard blue/large 230VAC motor with 6 coloured wires - thats what I know. On the metalplate it says 230V, but aren't they supposed to be driven with 380V?

Anyway they problem for me is to drive the motor. The speed just has to be continuous. How do I wire it up (hope it's a standard) and how to drive it with 230VAC if possible?

Thanks

hi electronics, i just popped in for some advice on 7 segment led's and a comparator i just got in and i saw your post, i'm a licensed electrician by trade so maybe i can help you. You say there are 6 leads and it's rated 230 VAC... normally if it's 3 phase there are nine leads 1-2-3 line in connect 4&7 / 5&8 / 6&9 for higher rating or 147/258/369 for lower rating. now thats in the states but i have worked w/ european motors and i never saw on with less that 9 on a 3 phase... also check the back of the motor plate or even on the motor casing itself for a connection diagram... if it's a motor in your part of the woods that uses different connections and supply voltages this will be of no help... go online and google the name of the motor manufacturer and 9 times out of ten they have a schematic for just about anything... good luck... jim

motor hook-up

what i think you have is a single phase dual rated motor with 3 windings that can be connected in series for high (460V) or paralell for low (230V) , if you read the leads and find three identical (or as close to identical) ohm readings you will take one from each set and connect to L1 and the remaining 3 to L2 for low volts, for high volts you connect L1 & L2 to one side of two of the windings and the remaining connection is just a splice connected to nothing, you would be putting the windings in series. send the picture so i can see it anyway to be sure....... hope this helps, jim

What size is the motor?

The chances are it's a three phase motor, you can run it from a single phase supply using a phase **** capacitor but it won't be as powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…