Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

230v motor with 3 wires, test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello
So I have this motor that says 230v and 3 wires go into it. My guess would be, that is uses a capacitor on the one wire? Can anyone confirm me on this?

The motor is inside a softice machine and doesnt work anymore. My quistion is, can I use the 3 wires to test another motor? Or can there be complications? Like if I can burn of something if the 3 wires isnt atached correctly? I just wanted to test another almost similar motor because it cost a fortune to get a repair man out, and by that I mean like 3000 dollar :)

Last edited:
My guess would be, that is uses a capacitor on the one wire? Can anyone confirm me on this?
That's one possibility. Can you trace the wiring in the machine to confirm that yourself?
can there be complications? Like if I can burn of something if the 3 wires isnt atached correctly?
Unfortunately, yes.

Is it a single phase motor or a three phase motor? Without knowing this basic part your going to have a hard time doing much else.

how can I know that? :) it doesnt say, I just know 3 wires go into it.
Do you pilled the motor out of the ice-machine yourself? Any pictures of the motor? Any serial number, part number etc printed on it?

What powers this machine? 220 three phase?
What are the wire colors?
Are the wires the same size?
Have you found a start capacitor?

What did the motor drive?

A synchronous motor would have 3 wires. 2 would have a capacitor across it and power is applied to the common and one end of the capacitor depending on what direction you wanted it to rotate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back