Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 Pulses to 1 Pulse generator with higher current

Status
Not open for further replies.

veeru612

Hi,
I am new to this forum and really don't know how it works. I have a request - I am looking for a pulse generator that generates 1 pulse for every 2 pulses it receives and also boost the current from 150 mA to 300 mA. Is there any off the shelf circuit that I can buy ?.
The pulses generated usually have a 300-500 usec ON time, 14-20 msec OFF time and these come from an edge detector depending on the speed of the motor, with a voltage of about 5V. I want it to connect to another device but want the other device to trigger on alternate edges.

Thanks,
Veeru

I think it is a D flipflop type frequency divider that would help me get what I want - any commercial off the shelf circuit that I could buy ?.
If not, how much would it cost to make a custom board. Are there any sources that make custom boards like these ?

Thanks,
Veeru

D flip flop divide by two driving a transistor should give you what you want. I just don't know of a nice packaged break out board. A CD4013 D Flip Flop driving a 2N2222 transistor should get you what you want. THe former radio shack sold a simple general-purpose IC PC board accepts two 6 to 20-pin ICs and DIPs which would have made for an easy build but they are gone. You may find a similar little board. There is not much to what you want, I just don't know of a simple turn key solution. Maybe someone else has some thoughts?

Ron

Last edited:
About that 300 mA output - what is the load it is driving?
Is the load connected to ground, 5 V, something else?
Does the output have to both source and sink 300 mA?
What is the power source for this circuit? Voltage, current, length of wires?

Not a difficult circuit or project; as above, 1/2 of one chip, plus one transistor (maybe, depending on your answers). To prototype it you can use a small solderless protoboard

ak

Thank you for the reply. I had to change the spec, need to convert 24V DC pulse by half. It has to drive 12 GigE Cameras and they have to get triggered by this pulse every 6 msec. The sensor gives a pulse every 3 msec and that is why I need a frequency divider/pulse multiplier.

Your new spec is not clear.
A 24 V tall pulse occurs continuously at a 166.67 Hz rate (once every 6 ms)?
The pulses still have a 300-500 usec ON time.
Do you still want an output pulse on both the leading and trailing edges of the input pulse?
Or do you want a double pulse initiated by the leading edge, no matter how wide the input pulse is?

A sketch of the input and output pulse trains will save a lot of electrons from an unnecessary fate.

ak

you (veeru612) sound like industry - by your "product" specs - do you have to fit anywhere inside any std.-s ??
suppose you have:
sensor --- cable.1 --- interface/controller/???/controller/interface --- cable.2 --- camera
what's you actual timing requirements for dt sensor triggers to exposure done
perhaps you should be continuously monitoring the "work area" and pick the frames matching (/?"containing") the sensor trigger times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back