2 Pulses to 1 Pulse generator with higher current

Status
Not open for further replies.

veeru612

Hi,
I am new to this forum and really don't know how it works. I have a request - I am looking for a pulse generator that generates 1 pulse for every 2 pulses it receives and also boost the current from 150 mA to 300 mA. Is there any off the shelf circuit that I can buy ?.
The pulses generated usually have a 300-500 usec ON time, 14-20 msec OFF time and these come from an edge detector depending on the speed of the motor, with a voltage of about 5V. I want it to connect to another device but want the other device to trigger on alternate edges.

Thanks,
Veeru

I think it is a D flipflop type frequency divider that would help me get what I want - any commercial off the shelf circuit that I could buy ?.
If not, how much would it cost to make a custom board. Are there any sources that make custom boards like these ?

Thanks,
Veeru

D flip flop divide by two driving a transistor should give you what you want. I just don't know of a nice packaged break out board. A CD4013 D Flip Flop driving a 2N2222 transistor should get you what you want. THe former radio shack sold a simple general-purpose IC PC board accepts two 6 to 20-pin ICs and DIPs which would have made for an easy build but they are gone. You may find a similar little board. There is not much to what you want, I just don't know of a simple turn key solution. Maybe someone else has some thoughts?

Ron

Last edited:
About that 300 mA output - what is the load it is driving?
Is the load connected to ground, 5 V, something else?
Does the output have to both source and sink 300 mA?
What is the power source for this circuit? Voltage, current, length of wires?

Not a difficult circuit or project; as above, 1/2 of one chip, plus one transistor (maybe, depending on your answers). To prototype it you can use a small solderless protoboard

ak

Thank you for the reply. I had to change the spec, need to convert 24V DC pulse by half. It has to drive 12 GigE Cameras and they have to get triggered by this pulse every 6 msec. The sensor gives a pulse every 3 msec and that is why I need a frequency divider/pulse multiplier.

Your new spec is not clear.
A 24 V tall pulse occurs continuously at a 166.67 Hz rate (once every 6 ms)?
The pulses still have a 300-500 usec ON time.
Do you still want an output pulse on both the leading and trailing edges of the input pulse?
Or do you want a double pulse initiated by the leading edge, no matter how wide the input pulse is?

A sketch of the input and output pulse trains will save a lot of electrons from an unnecessary fate.

ak

you (veeru612) sound like industry - by your "product" specs - do you have to fit anywhere inside any std.-s ??
suppose you have:
sensor --- cable.1 --- interface/controller/???/controller/interface --- cable.2 --- camera
what's you actual timing requirements for dt sensor triggers to exposure done
perhaps you should be continuously monitoring the "work area" and pick the frames matching (/?"containing") the sensor trigger times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…