Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 digit "Car Park" counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budu2299

I need a little help.
I'm required to implement an up/down 2 digit counter circuit using 4510 + 4511 that counts the number of cars enterimg a parking lot. Im thinking of placing a laser module at the entrance and each time a car passes it cuts the laser beam causing the count to increase by one. I can use some help in figuring out how to connect this whole together

Last edited by a moderator:
Use two laser beams spaced a meter or two apart and only trigger when both are broken at the same time - it will save a lot of false triggers. I'd personally use a microcontroller for the counting. Is this an actual application or a school project ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back