Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2*50w+100w Amplifier with 5w tweeters and 100w subwoofer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoyolight

I want to make two new speakers fo my computer. I have found a amplifier with 2*50w+100w and 3 drivers: one subwoofer 100w 8 ohm and two tweeters 5w 8 ohm. I don't know why but i think i'm about to blow up my tweeters. I can't find a solution to decrease the wattage of the 50w output. Can you please help me?

Links
Subwoofer: https://www.maxiaxi.com/fenton-basluidspreker-hifi-kevlar-5-25-inch-13cm/
2 tweeters: https://www.reichelt.com/en/en/visaton-full-range-speaker-5-cm-8-ohm-vis-frws-5r-8-p80482.html?r=1
Amplifier: https://www.banggood.com/XH-A310-Bl...dio-Amplifiers-with-The-Tuning-p-1611424.html

A 5.25 inch speaker will not put out much bass as a subwoofer.
And a 2 inch tweeter is only going to output a moderate level of midrange sound (hence it's low power rating).

So, you are right, your amps are basically overkill for the speakers.
Depending upon how loud you listen to you music you may want some larger speakers.
Otherwise just make sure you don't adjust the sound level to above the point where audible distortion occurs and you should be okay.
Such distortion will occur before you blow the speaker.

crutschow,

Thank you for the help. Do you have an advice which speakers i should use? I heard you need to have a speaker that is double the max wattage of the amplifier (so 200w speakers and 100w speakers) to be safe from clipping, distortion or blowing your speaker. Is that true?

Commercial speakers I purchased basically had a 10" (100W) woofer and 1" (30 W) dome tweeter. They basically put a 1Amp fuse for the tweeter in the speaker. The tweeters would eventually distort because of overheating and were always replaced in pairs.

The enclosure matters and the "speaker system" needs to include a crossover which can be active or passive. Most systems with sub-woofers use an active crossover set for frequencies < 100 to 150 Hz.

You should look at the SPL (Sound Pressure Level) at usually 1 meter with a given input and try to match that.

I heard you need to have a speaker that is double the max wattage of the amplifier (so 200w speakers and 100w speakers) to be safe from clipping, distortion or blowing your speaker. Is that true?
True if you listen at rock concert sound levels.
If you keep the volume below the noticeable distortion point, there shouldn't be a problem.
A fuse in the speaker line, as KISS noted, can minimize the chance of blowing a speaker if someone turns the volume all the way up.

Personally I would go with a 3-way system, with a 8-10" subwoofer, a 4-5" midrange, and a small 2-3" tweeter.
Of course that needs proper crossover circuits between the subwoofer and midrange, and between the midrange and the tweeter.

I want to make two new speakers fo my computer. I have found a amplifier with 2*50w+100w and 3 drivers: one subwoofer 100w 8 ohm and two tweeters 5w 8 ohm. I don't know why but i think i'm about to blow up my tweeters. I can't find a solution to decrease the wattage of the 50w output. Can you please help me?

Links
Subwoofer: https://www.maxiaxi.com/fenton-basluidspreker-hifi-kevlar-5-25-inch-13cm/
2 tweeters: https://www.reichelt.com/en/en/visaton-full-range-speaker-5-cm-8-ohm-vis-frws-5r-8-p80482.html?r=1
Amplifier: https://www.banggood.com/XH-A310-Bl...dio-Amplifiers-with-The-Tuning-p-1611424.html

Where are the rest of your speakers?.

You have one sub-woofer, then you have two 'full' range speakers for the main stereo speakers, usually consisting of a bass/midrange unit and a tweeter in each - with a high pass filter feeding the tweeter. If you don't have a bass/mid unit on each channel it will be completely unusable (no mids at all, no low bass) all you'll get is thumping noises and a few high pitched squeaks. And if you don't have a decent high pass filter feeding the tweeters they WILL blow, probably in seconds, and sound horrible before they do.

Where are the rest of your speakers?.

My idea is to make two speakers with each a subwoofer and two tweeters (and maybe a mid). They can be used as a stereo system connected to a tv or computer with aux or bluetooth, used as two wireless speakers (like Sonos, they connect with each other, but not with wifi) for a party, used seperately bluetooth or aux. They have a little station next to the tv where they can be charged and used at the same time, so they need to have a battery pack. It's alot, I know, but it's a fun project to do.

My idea is to make two speakers with each a subwoofer and two tweeters (and maybe a mid). They can be used as a stereo system connected to a tv or computer with aux or bluetooth, used as two wireless speakers (like Sonos, they connect with each other, but not with wifi) for a party, used seperately bluetooth or aux. They have a little station next to the tv where they can be charged and used at the same time, so they need to have a battery pack. It's alot, I know, but it's a fun project to do.

You appear to be a little confused about speaker systems? - a sub-woofer is used to extend the bass - you use it with existing wide range speakers (usually bass & tweeter). A sub-woofer doesn't go high enough to reach mid (hence the name 'sub'), you also don't need more than one, as sub-bass is completely non-directional.

The amplifier you linked to has three channels, the 50W ones for full bandwidth L&R, plus the single 100W one for a sub-woofer.

Banggood sells cheap Chinese clothing and shoes. They know nothing about audio systems which is why the amplifier has no spec's.
The Bluetooth amplifier module has three amplifiers, one L + R stereo amplifier and two bass amplifiers. The module has 3 of these ICs each having its own heatsink.
The Texas Instruments datasheet for the TDA3116D2 amplifier IC shows that its power supply voltage and speaker impedance control the amount of maximum output power.

A. The Whole Sound Stereo amplifier:
1) With a 12V supply, it produces 8W each into two 8 ohm speakers or 15W each into two 4 ohm speakers.
2) With a 24V supply, it produces 33W each into two 8 ohm speakers. It might burn out with 4 ohm speakers.
3) With a 24V supply, if you turn up the volume making severe distortion it produces 50W each into two 8 ohm speakers.

B. Each Bass amplifier:
1) With a 12V supply, it produces 9W into an 8 ohm speaker or produces 35W into a 4 ohm speaker.
2) With a 24V supply, it produces 35W onto an 8 ohm speaker or produces 60W into a 4 ohm speaker.
3) If you turn up the volume making severe distortion it produces 100W into a 4 ohm speaker.

We do not know if the Bass amplifiers have lowpass filters.

The little woofers are too small to be sub-woofers. The little mid speakers are rated for only 4W each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back