Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.4-3 volts to 5 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello i am big on making USB chargers but i dont want to have to use a 9 volt battery and a 7805 i want to use two AA batterys so i am assuming i need a DC to DC converter. if so what kind were to buy it and how to wire it.

thanks

Not all SMPs ICs are that hard to use - National's simple switcher range of ICs are much easier to use.

**broken link removed**

And it's possible to build one from discrete components.
Official Home Page of Roman Black

Not all SMPs ICs are that hard to use - National's simple switcher range of ICs are much easier to use.

**broken link removed**

And it's possible to build one from discrete components.
Official Home Page of Roman Black
These are step-down converters and a step-up is needed. National also has those at **broken link removed**. The LM2622 or LM2578A among others, which operate at a 2V minimum input, would appear to meet the requirements.

The MAX1932 IC meets your requirement.

Small Circuit Footprint
Circuit Height < 2mm
2.7V to 5.5V Input
4.5V to 90V Output
No Overshoot
Accurate High-Side Current Limit
Avalanche Indicator Flag
8-Bit SPI-Compatible DAC
Compatible with External DAC
0.5% Accurate Output
Low Ripple Output (< 1mV)