Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1watt led driver with 12v input

Status
Not open for further replies.

srajesh1268

I want to make a Solar Street light with 6nos of 1Watt LED, But i do not know how to drive the leds. I tried by connecting indivissual resister in series with each LED, But I could not get maximum illumination from LEDs.

Any one can help me regarding this with a low power dissipation circuit?

If the LEDs are not full brightness, then the resistors value is too large; reducing the resistor will increase the brightness.

For a 'low-dissipation circuit', I would suggest connecting all the LEDs in series and powering them with a boost converter regulating for constant current.

I was going to suggest a switching regulator but since you're having problems with a simple resistor, it's probably beyond your current level of ability.
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/led-switching-regulator.41375/

For a 'low-dissipation circuit', I would suggest connecting all the LEDs in series and powering them with a boost converter regulating for constant current.
The power supply is 12V and the LEDs probably have a forward voltage of 3.5V (assuming they're white) which limits you to three in series maximum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back