Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18f2550 programming (HW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lez

Hi,

Just found this group as I was searching for the simplest way to program a 18f2550.

I have always used 16c84 and lately the 16f88 so have a reliable old serial programmer, but I dont think it will handle one of the 18f's

Can I just make a header socket or use its ICSP connector to the 18f or should I buy a new programmer?

I say buy because I dont feel I have the time to fight with building one, as if it wont work I wont know if its the new pic, the software, or the hardware, so buying reduces the headache.

I'd be happy to go with a kit though.

lez said:
Hi,

Just found this group as I was searching for the simplest way to program a 18f2550.

I have always used 16c84 and lately the 16f88 so have a reliable old serial programmer, but I dont think it will handle one of the 18f's

Can I just make a header socket or use its ICSP connector to the 18f or should I buy a new programmer?

I say buy because I dont feel I have the time to fight with building one, as if it wont work I wont know if its the new pic, the software, or the hardware, so buying reduces the headache.

Same hardware as the older PIC's, only the programming software is different, currently the ICD2 (and clones, or even homebuilt) are becoming popular, basically as it interfaces directly with MPLAB, and is quickly updated for new devices.

Hi,

Other than PICkit2 or a clone of it, I feel I am able to do with DL4YHF programmer, with external power supply. many Pickit2 clone makers use this for initial programming. one can run winpic800 software.
I do accept that JDMs are not really stable
but this one with external power supply and Vpp before Vdd management in Power supply itself, is able to work on a serial port.

Last edited:
Hi I need a programmer for the 1st programming of the PIC18F2550 then I want to build a PicKit2 clon
but i cant program the PIC with my programmer
I hawe a Tait Parallel programmer and JDM :D
pls I need some schematic for programmer for PIC18F2550
tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back