Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18F1320 Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomSoft

Hey guys i have sort of a headache and cant figure out whats the minimum power required to operate it.

Maybe its the datasheet. since in others it shows it clearly on page 3 :D

Um... so my question is:

1) Whats the minimum voltage for running a 18F1320 ic (not the LF version)
2) At the minimum whats the max freq. i can operate at?

Check the graphs on page 238 (or 240 in Adobe). It appears to be 4.2V and 40MHz.

Mike.

Last edited:
It will run at 2 volts with a 4 mhz crystal and at 3.3 to 3.5 with 16mhz crystal look at page 242 here PIC18LF1220/1320 VOLTAGE-FREQUENCY GRAPH (INDUSTRIAL)I been told that you can run most plain 18fxxx at same volts as LF and very easy to run them at 3.3 to 3.8. The Lf like the P3 they just picked the best and gave better spec. they all came from the same die
Legend: Shading of rows is to assist in readability of the table.
Note 1: This is the limit to which VDD can be lowered in Sleep mode, or during a device Reset, without losing RAM data.
2: When BOR is on and BORV<1:0> = 0x, the device will operate correctly at 40 MHz for any VDD at which the BOR allows
execution (low-voltage and industrial devices only).
3: When BOR is on and BORV<1:0> = 0x, the device will operate correctly at 25 MHz for any VDD at which the BOR allows
execution (extended devices only
Oh ps I have run some 18f1220 which is little brother of 18f1320 at 2.5 volt and it worked fine

Last edited:
I ran it with internal I was just playing with them and my pickit2 you can set the power all the way down to 2.5 and test your chips to see if your code will run

It may work fine but don't be surprised if it stops working on a hot day or when you build a second one with a different chip.

Mike.

There a lemon with every apple But if you pick the apple right it will work. And I don't see mirochip doing it any different then Intel did not selling P3 lets stamp then Celeron and sell them. Not selling 18lf1320 lets stamp it 18f1320 and sell it seeing we have them and we need the income. I'm sure they tested to see if a 18LFxxx meets the spec. But I still say they all came from the same bag.

This from microchip themselves
PIC18F1220/1320 Datasheet (2/7/2007)
This microcontroller has nanoWatt Technology, which features six enhanced power-managed "software controlled" modes, power consumption as low as 0.1 microamps in standby mode and a wide operating voltage range from 2- to 5.5-volts which makes this device ideal for battery managed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back