180V ish from +- 15V (DC-DC converter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrd

I've got a project that's been in the back of my mind for while...
I have a modular rack system with positive and negative 15VDC at around 126mA.
I'd love to do something involving a tube (amplifier or something etc) for it.

So I'm trying to come up with a way powering it.

Does anyone know of any efficient DC-DC converter for my high voltage (4mA max probably)?

I've found this for the 12V **broken link removed** which could be good.

but for high voltage, I'm a bit stuck.
I've found this Nixie tubes tube DC-DC converter Power Supply but won't allow me to use full +-15V so may not be efficient enough.
I guess, I could power off the 12V converter posted above, but a lot of waste that way I guess.

Would a voltage multiplier be better?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Probably will use 12AU7 tube or similar

Use the Nixie tubes tube DC-DC converter Power Supply Just put a 6v2 1 watt zener in one line to reduce the voltage to 24v and a 100u 63v electro on the 24v side.

You need to find out if the 0v in is isolated from the 0v out.
Otherwise you will have a 15v difference amd you will have to take this into account.

Last edited:
The converter says it accepts 26V. You have 30, that is pretty close. You can get a 5 volt Zener and connect the annode to the + on the DC-DC, then connect your + to the cathode, that will drop 5 volts across it. You could also just get three plain silicon diode and put them in the line (cathode facing the + on dc-dc in this time), that will drop around 4.5V. Yet another option is to use an LM317 to drop the voltage to 26V. 30V to 26V is 87% efficient with linear regulation so don't even bother with a switch-mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…