Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F88 mnemonic and FSR quick reference please review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

16F88 mnemonic and SFR quick reference please review.

It's part of the Firefly lesson manual. It focuses on the 16F88 and I've made an effort to simplify the FSR listing including color coding it.
It's not quite finished and I've use working SFR names and bit registers.

example /PD (microchips datasheet) when used is coded as NOT_PD

I got tired of looking it up all the time ;)

Comments

Attachments

• 16F88 Mnenonic FSR reference.pdf
    36.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
Not bad. Here's a 16F Instruction Summary I did a few years ago (pdf). Also did an 18F Instruction Summary PDF for 11x17 (prints very nicely on 1200dpi laser printers).

Attachments

• x16.PNG
    x16.PNG
    92.2 KB · Views: 406
Sid Katzen has some nice instruction set references for 12, 14, and 16-bit core PIC microcontrollers on his PIC resources page, which I have been using.

**broken link removed**

Edit: I really must remember to spellcheck.

Last edited:
Mike said:
Not bad. Here's a 16F Instruction Summary I did a few years ago (pdf). Also did an 18F Instruction Summary PDF for 11x17 (prints very nicely on 1200dpi laser printers).
It's hard to make the instruction set look much different than Microchips. Not sure how useful the Opcode part is for a beginner... I'd like to know the rule for the direction bit, what is the default if not specified? is it always W or F or variable?
It was the SFRs that I wanted to sort out and color code. Got it down to two sheets from Microchips four. I've removed the phyical addresses of the SFRs, if you need them then just refer to the datasheet. It's rare for a beginner to use an SFR by its adress (I've seen noobs doing it though).

Last edited:
It may be useful to someone who's only working on the 'F88 but as soon as you start working on several different PICs you'll find your way back to the Data Sheet for each one when you're writing and proofing the bank switching code. Your sheets do look very nice though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back