Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16F88 internal oscillator problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob's Ma

I have the most recent version of CCS PCM, and am trying to use the PIC16F88's internal 8MHz oscillator. Whether i'm using the wrong #FUSE settings or the compiler is busted (very unlikely), my circuit does NOTHING, despite the fact that it compiles with no errors.

Could someone post a full program listing ( or a link to one ) for a simple program that does something - anything - using the 8MHz internal oscillator on the 16F88.

If you're going to post a reply, please try out the program on a 16F88 beforehand.

P.S. - I know a crystal oscillator is more accurate, etc, etc. so don't recommend i use one plz.

Thanks
- JBM

hi why don't u use an external oscillator capacity so u don't have to find that program there will be two or at least 3 new elements in your circuit
If u don't mind use that method(of course if you can not find the programme actually i used 4Mhz osc capacity with 16f877 and it waorked)
you can find 8Mhz external osc capacity
that is an alternate solution of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back