Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 Pin SIP IC ID Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken1

Hi, Can anyone suggest what the 16 pin sip ic designated as RP1 on the circuit board of the attached photo could be? This is a board from a livestock fencer which puts out only a very weak spark. I replaced the oscillator semiconductors and no improvement has resulted. The large capacitor (rectangular gray unit on the right) only charges to approximately 120vdc before the scr trips. On a properly working unit it should charge up to approximately 275vdc. The resistance of both windings of the transformer in the center measure exactly the same as a known working unit and there is no visible sign of burning or overheating and no foul smell either. This transformer is the oscillator transformer. This fencer unit is powered by a 6v battery. Over the years I have successfully repaired several identical units but this one has me stumped.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 97
Check the silkscreen label for the resistor array at the top of the pic you attached and count the number of pins.

Edit:
Sorry, I misread your post.
It looks like a resistor array.

Agree with Mickster - looks like the silkscreen says RP1 (for resistor pack).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back