Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16 bit environment under XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderchild

I have electronic workbench 4.0 snd it will not run on win 2000 or XP. this there and emulator or something that will run it ?

Thunderchild said:
I have electronic workbench 4.0 snd it will not run on win 2000 or XP. this there and emulator or something that will run it ?

I can't comment on Workbench 4.0, but 32 bit Windows versions don't have all the same API's that 16 bit Windows does, so any 16 bit program that uses them won't work under Win32.

it works on 98 and ME so it is an NT based problem that goes up to XP. what could be missing ? can it be added ?
is there a possibility of running a wndows sub system or something ?

Thunderchild said:
it works on 98 and ME so it is an NT based problem that goes up to XP. what could be missing ? can it be added ?
is there a possibility of running a wndows sub system or something ?
is there any error displayed , NT doesnot allow direct access to i/o port and hardware.

try running it in compatibility mode. right click on the .exe file, choose properties. you can explore the tabs from there. i'm on win2k right now and can't remember how it is done on xp. check the help files about compatibility mode. good luck.

tikbalang is right, just choose compatibility mode if you have XP and select OS of your choice (Win98 for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back