Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1500V MOSFET & flyback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jovanco

Hi,

I have to charge a capacitor bank of 75mF at 1300V. The first idea was to charge them on 850V, and i made linear power supply with MOSFET IRFPG40 (Vds max 1000V) and it is working fine.

But for 1300V i need MOSFET with higher voltage Vds, 1500V. Does anyone knows for such a MOSFET or other type of transistor.

My second option is to make switching power supply with flyback transformer, but i don't know where to find such a transformer (for 1300V).

Thanks

.075 farad at 1300 volts! WOW that is an awsome amount of energy, I bet a short circuit could be heard half a mile away. NTE lists 3 NPN transistors (used as TV horizontal output), NTE2300, 2301, 2365. You could also use a diode voltage multiplier to up the voltage 2 or 3 times.

1500V Mosfet

Try a 2sk1317 Mosfet by Renesas (used to be Hitachi), they're rated at 1500V. Here is the webpage with their datasheet

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back