137 - 138 Mhz FM receiver help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravidzzz

Hi,
i'm new to the elecrtonics. I need help to build a 137-138MHz FM receiver for Satellite reception.How can i build one? Which kind of antenna should i use? Please help me....

The cheapest and easiest way is probably to modify an existing FM radio.

Sorry, but normal FM is wideband, he needs narrowband - which means a LOT of changes (a complete rebuild?) of an FM radio.

A 145MHz amateur band receiver design requires little change, and many are even available ready done for 138MHz.

From what I remember from my Navy days, as I was a Weather Equip tech, that freq Range is an old NOAA analog Wefax/APT weather satellite. I think this equip is slated to be phased out real soon.

The Receive antenna we had for this band were very large rx dish. About 3 feet sqr. And the dish had to track the satellite as it was not geosynchronous. Then again it has been about 25 years since then so my memory is a bit foggy. Or maybe it was the beer

Lol, I just found a link for the old gear I worked on. The SMQ-10 Navy GOES sat recv unit. The link is in a Navy.history link. Man I am getting old.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…