Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12vdc Motor operation forward and reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

WERESCUE

I am working on a project for a train set to pump water in and out of a small tank using RFID. The operation is this:
The train goes by and stops at the water tank. In the train is the RFID transponder. Under the train is the reader antenna. When the train stops the water tank fill valve lowers and it appears it is filling the engine(actually water tank water is being pumped to a holding tank just below the table). The train starts up again and the signal from the reader stops and the motor then is activated to run in reverse to refill the water tank until it is full.
My question is what is the best way to wire (components) the motor circuit.
The reader sends out a pulsed 5vdc current so a timer would be needed but not wanted. The system also needs to take in account the water level. When it pumps the water out I want it to stop at a certain level and vice versa on the filling of it(I will be using DPST water level switches). All action is dependent of the signal from the Reader. Signal on-system starts and stops when tank is empty. Signal off system restarts in reverse and stops when the tank if full.
Any ideas?

I don't understand why you need two reservoirs. Just pump the water out of a reservoir which is under the table, and let the water run back into that same reservoir. Then all you need is a timer to turn the pump on and off. You don't need to reverse the pump, and water level doesn't matter.

I wish to create the illusion that the water is being pumped in to the steam engine. Engine arrives, the spout lowers to the water fill of the engine. The tank empties. The engine leaves and the water tank refills.
Also. I want it to work without a timer. The sole source for turning on and off the sustem is the Train(transponder). The water level in the water tank would be visible so a water level switch would be required to turn the pump off and then it would wait until no signal is being received from the transponder(train leaves) then the pump would be activated in reverse to fill the water tank back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back