Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v7Ah Battery low indicator help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, I know. I'm married to a Canuck. My post was to yank the chain of our home-grown tea party types :D

Last edited:
I don't know what you are referring to.

My circuit design jumps over to a back up battery.

Boncuk

I want to test the boat on friday. Do I run it for an hour then test the battery or will the motor stop running @ 11.5V?

If the motor driver does not have a low voltage cutoff then the motor speed control circuit might stop working.
The radio might stop working.
The motor should run fine but run a little slow with a supply of 11.5V.

Here's what will happen:

The motor runs at a constant speed (3.500epr) without speed controller. With the battery depleting the motor will run slower with decreasing battery voltage until it stops.

Depending on the motor quality it might still run below the lowest allowable battery voltage of 10.8V, depleting the battery to a point at which it can be considered dead and destroyed.

Get ready to swim and buy a new battery. :D

Boncuk

Well being a bait boat and being able to carry a 12 volt 7ah battery the boat will be a decent size, an idea might be buy some of those small PV panels **broken link removed** the 3 volt 45mA ones and put 4 of them in series and as many arrays of 4 as you can. If the sun is shining you would have at times close to an amp of current going in to the battery. Then as a fail safe install a smaller motor that will run directly off the pv panels if the main battery goes flat. The circuit to build for it won't be a hard one and when your not using the boat leaving it in a sunny spot will charge the battery ready for the next trip.

Cheers Bryan

Last edited:
You should read the reply posts.

I already suggested a circuit four days ago.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back