Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v Wireless relay control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericwalker

Need a recommendation on a controller that is powered by 12dc and will turn on and off a 12vdc solenoid valve. Is there an easy wiring schematic for a beginner? Thx.

Hi Eric,

Which State are you at?

What sort of controller are you after? Please give details of what you are seeking to achieve.

spec

Hi spec,
This is the schematic I traced out fo the remote.
4 channel remote.jpg

And these are some notes I made about it

Notes on Banggood 433 MHZ remote control.

Reciever with two transmitter key fobs. Banggood Product ID: 1012323

Spare transmitter key fob Banggood Product ID: 1018573

Code chip in keyfob SCT 2260 (Probably the same as PT2260 )

------------------------

Channel "A" output is next to the power connector.

Relay connections.

A N/O
B Common
C N/C

------------------------

Receiver module.
8 pin chip SYN470R (1540)

Crystal 6.7458 (Mhz ?)

------------------------

First unit bought (Used on front gate lights.)

Key fob code strapping

-------------
Second unit bought

Key fob uses SCT2260 chip (16 pin)

Key fob code strapping

1 H
2 H
3 NC
4 H
5 NC
6 H
7 NC
8 NC

-------------
Spare key fobs use EV1527 chip (8 pins) The code on the chip cannot be changed. The receiver has to be programmed to recognise the code.

Also the "A" button on the SCT2260 key fob opperates the channel nearest the power connector. On the EV1527 key fob the "D" button operates this channel.

-------------
The only fault I can see with it is the relays are only rated for 120 volts which would make it unsuitable for mains use in the UK

Les.

Thanks for replies. Yes, I do have 4 12v relay transmitters with remote, was not sure if this also acted as the power supply or just the on/off with the solenoid needing separate power source. I am very novice in wiring and am having trouble with correct wiring of units. I power board up to 12v battery. What do I wire to solenoid pos and neg - common and NC? Also, do these units come on different frequencies? I need to utilize 4 separate units in proximity to each other. Thx. BTW, great schematic, above me a bit...

... Also, do these units come on different frequencies? I need to utilize 4 separate units in proximity to each other...
No, they are all on the same RF frequency (~433.92MHz) , but the control code is strap-able (by soldering internal jumpers) to thousands of addresses. However, these cheap units use super-regenerative receivers, which will block each other if placed within a few meters of each other. Unfortunately, super-regens radiate RFI which will de-sense another nearby receiver and greatly reduce the range.

Do you need 16 separate outputs, or only 4?

Last edited:
Hi MikeMl,
The reciever used is a superhet . It uses a SYN470R IC. This is the block diagram.
Screen Shot 11-16-16 at 06.01 PM.PNG

I found the data sheet on the web (But I did not make anote of the URL. I have seen just the reciever module for sale on Ebay.

Hi Eric,
The unit needs to be supplied with 12 volts DC power. Make sure that you connect the polarity correctly. To drive the solenoid from one channel connect one wire from the solenoid to the 12 volt negative. Connect the other wire from the solenoid to the NO contact of the relay of the channel you wish to use. connect the common terminal of the same relay to the 12 volt positive. The unit can be configured in three different ways. 1 The relay closes but only stays closed while the button is pressed. 2 Pressing the button toggles the output on amd off. 3 one button turns the relay on and anoter turns it off. You only get 2 chnnels in this mode. (As you only have 4 buttons.)

Les

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back