Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V to AAA Mp3 Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

arpa

I'm completely new to electronics. Hope that someone with good knowledge will help and guide me through the solution, step-by-step.

I have a common cheap mp3 player which can be connected to a USB port for battery charging and transfering of files. The mp3 player uses an AAA battery with 1.2V and 850mAh.

I need to connect this mp3 player to a Lead Acid 12V battery.
The current (mA) that the mp3 player consumes is unknown.

How do I do this? What do I need?
I would like to solve this problem in a cheap and easy way.

Thanks

You can use an Ipod/Iphone usb car charger. They are very cheap. Here is one from EBay:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Re:

@AlainB
Thanks for sharing your idea. Good to be considered very efficient and simple.

@birdman
I would like to eliminate the use of AAA batteries becasue since that I will be using this mp3 for long hrs, the battery duration won't last that much. And don't want to carry batteries with me! I only want 1 battery that connects everything (speaker, amplifier and mp3).

I would like to examine more ideas of what can I do...!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back