12v inverter needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanmichaud

I am buying an Infrared CCTV camera and wanted to power it from a 12v car battery. I am being asked if I need a 12v inverter but I have no idea. The camera power is 12v 1.5amp and has an AC adaptor that runs 12v 2amp. Would anyone be able to tell me if I need a 12v inverter? if so what do I need?
Many thanks
Allan Michaud

hi,
If you plan to operate the camera from say, a 12V car battery or the AC adaptor which is rated at 12V, 2A the answer is, you do not need an invertor.

ericgibbs said:
hi,
If you plan to operate the camera from say, a 12V car battery or the AC adaptor which is rated at 12V, 2A the answer is, you do not need an invertor.

Perhaps he needs a sort of protection from the spikes the alternator or the car's ignition system generates.

Thanks only use car battery

Many thanks
I am a wildlife photographer and will only ever use these cameras from 12v car battery. As I need to run it up to 14 hours a night I am planning to use a 30amp or larger battery in case that makes any difference.
Haven't quite worked how I am going to charge all this stuff daily for 2 weeks. Apart from 2 cameras I also have to charge a couple of digital devices too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…