Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v DC to 9v DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
So using a 2200µF capacitor it is then... im also guessing since im using a 9v regulator, the slight 12v drop under load will not hurt anything.

Ps- Do i have to replace C1 with the 2200µF capacitor or just add to the rest of the components used.

Attachments

• 12v to 9v.JPG
    12v to 9v.JPG
    9.8 KB · Views: 196
I'm guessing that the amps-squared-seconds rating of the 'former's internal diodes is about 10, which means the diode can stand 35 A for .008 seconds.
Depending on the internal resistance of the 'former you may want to put a small resistance in series with its output to cushion the current surge from your huge filter cap.

The regulator will work properly providing the input voltage is greater than about 11.5V.

With a 2,200:mu:F capacitor the minimum input voltage will be 11.9V which is fine.

The maximum surge will be around 13A according to LTSPICE and most rectifier diodes can easily handle that.

So i guess everything is fine then, i'll just add a 2200µF capacitor to the already shown circuit and it should be alright, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back