Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V DC to 240Ac Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeler

Hi there

I do Mobile repairs on farm equipment.
I am looking for a circuit that i can use on a 12V car battery to convert it to 230-240V AC. Want to run a portable drill and grinder and if any off you know how i can do welding with an altenator.

It's called an inverter and can be bought pretty cheaply from automotive stores.

When I worked in a quarry, there was a portable arc welding set fitted to a Land Rover.

It was a generator fitted in place of the middle front seat, with a power-take-off from the gearbox.

The generator was about 30cm x 30cm x 40cm. It needed 2000 rpm on the engine to run, and the bonnet left open to help cool the engine.

I would suggest you buy a welder that runs on petrol or diesel, or you are going to have to carve up your vehicle in a significant way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back