Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v DC 500ma transformer - separate into different wires

Status
Not open for further replies.

willsor

Hi
I am building a little project from one of the "electronic gadgets for the evil genius" books, and it says I need a 12v DC 500ma transformer, and there are 3 wires from the project, +12v, 0v and earth.

The problem is, the only transformers I can find have a small metallic connector on the end
**broken link removed**

Is there something else I can buy with 3 seperate wires, or can I convert one of those like the one I linked into the + - and earth connections?

Thanks

Last edited:
You might want to post the schematic. Often the enclosure is tied to earth ground as a safety measure. In the case of a wall adapter it would not be needed since the voltage at the little plug is only 12 volts.

I sorted it out, sorry for the post :eek:

It was an american schematic, and in my mind I didn't think about how that would transfer over to a UK plug

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back