Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v Batt charger conversion to variable desk power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volt

I have a 12v power supply. the selector switch went in it. My dad bypassed the switch and gave it back to me as a 100amp charger only.

I want to put it in a new box to power equipment on my desk.

I want to install a selector knob to step the amperage back and whats the best way to do that. is there anything made i could just solder in?

i also would like to have an output where i could vary the voltage for testing circuits.

Is it a "charger" or a "power supply"? Chargers are not usually filtered ( or even regulated), and would not be suitable to use as a bench supply without mucho added components...

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
I'm looking to do this on the cheap while learning something.
I had a couple years of electrical engineering 25 years ago
I was more interested in socializing back then but I learned a little.
I am looking into the parts needed at Home
thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back