Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12c629 datasheet or equivalents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to **broken link removed** and select the pic in the drop down box. I think you are looking for the 12F629.

Mike.

12c629

Hi, is the 12f629 a direct replacement for the 12c629?
The one I am trying to replace is clearly labled 12c629. However I am
having a little problem finding one.
thanks

If it existed then it no longer does, in fact no 12C series chips are listed at MicroChip anymore - although datasheets are still available for many of them.

Why do you want the datasheet?, it's an OTP chip and can't be reused - I would suggest it was probably replaced by the 12F629 a long time ago.

12c629

I was looking for a data sheet only to see the pinout for a possible
replacement. If I could get a direct replacement part then I was
going to replace it as this one no longer works.
thanks

I am not sure it is an OTP chip because the micro reads and writes to it. It is
being used as memory to count down every time a process is initiated by the
microcontroller.
I do appreciate all the help here.
thanks

The biggest difference is it programming algorithm is different than the CMOS part. Microchip usually posts migration information on its site.

I am not sure it is an OTP chip because the micro reads and writes to it. It is
being used as memory to count down every time a process is initiated by the
microcontroller.

C series are OTP, with one single exception, the long obselete 16C84, which was the first EEPROM based PIC (and for a long time the only one), long before F was used for them.

Like many PIC's it probably has some EEPROM data memory, used for writing stored data to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back