Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12c508

Status
Not open for further replies.

wejos

i read 12c508a is otp so i just wanted to be sure.

i was looking at some code online and noticed when the author assigned the pins it's reversed (compared to 16f84)

Code:
MOVLW       b'00000000' 
           MOVWF       GPIO

if i wanted GP0 act as input should it be b'00000001' or b'10000000'?

thanks guys,

joey

--------edit

cannot add to subject

Last edited:
Yes, the 12C508 is OTP. If you get the 12F508 then it is reprogrammable. For GP0 to be input it's b'00000001'.

Mike.

Last edited:
still the same start from right.

is the "for GP0 to be "*output*" just typo?

many thanks Pommie.

You can use the 12C508 again if you nop out the old program.

You can't NOP out the old program, as NOP is all ones, and programming can ONLY make ones become zero, not the other way round.

There are certain very limited things you can do - but it's really a waste of time - just use a 12F508 if you really want a 508.

guys quick follow up...

since there's no 12c508 option in simulation software, will the 12f508 option do. i'm using real pic simulator (shareware version).

i'm afraid when i programmed it to the actual PIC something might go wrong.

thanks,

joey

You can use the 12C508 again if you nop out the old program.
You add the new program AFTER the nops.
You can't NOP out the old program, as NOP is all ones, and programming can ONLY make ones become zero, not the other way round.
This is not true. I have just NOP'd out an old program and the result is 000. And added the new program after the zero's.

everything is honky dory in sim using 12f508 but will it really work once programmed in 12c508?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back