Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming 12c508a

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just saying you got watch them chips there bad for RMW and you only get program it once I'd use shallow reg and write all at once.

I'm sorry...
well I'm using pin::
4 and 7 to stay high for 10 sec
then the 7th turned off

about the programmer I don't have any programmer yet

But your current request is not what you asked in post #14. I will not do your project for you, particularly based on such vague and changing needs.

The programmer will make a difference as none of the current low-cost programmers (i.e., PicKit 3 or ICD3) from Microchip will program your chip. PicStart Plus will do it. Do you have a source for that programmer?

My best advice, since you know C, is to use that language and a 12Fxxx or 12F1xxx chip along with the newer version of MPLab that you have.

Good luck.

John

Pin 4 is gp3 is input only pin 7 gpo and gp2 you got set it in option reg

Id go with one of them newer chips to there way more fun I got one that can do all kind of stuff and the mplab MMC works good to set up the chip for C programming

You have not answered either question I put to you.

Making one light steady on does not simulate any traffic light I have seen in the past 70 years. Please try to answer my questions

I was looking at that I'm going to make it with a 12F1822 just for fun.

jpanhalt
=======
I just want to simulate a trrafic light:

How?? That chip has only 5 outputs. Better to rethink. You will need to use a slightly bigger chip unless you use a port expander!!

It work lan red and green on at same time one red one green but a bigger chip be way easier.
Now that's just for one kind of stop light
If cars and people plus car sensors then you need lots more pins then 4

While for a good period, red and green are on at the same time, one has to deal with yellow on, green off at the same signal.

The six leds can be done independently with just 3 pins. In fact, that is often used for an example of charlieplexing.

Red lights for cars can be red on and green on then on change yellow will come on not to hard to do with a 12f chip
But there a lot more happens if it's a city light they see if there are cars waiting plus control people.

I agree there are just 4 states.

I vaguely remember some years ago an attempt to show drivers when the red was about to change to green. The stupidity of that was quickly realized.

In trying to find a citation for it, I found that Audi's great minds are putting a "green anticipation" signal in cars (https://blog.caranddriver.com/when-will-traffic-lights-turn-green-some-audi-cars-now-know/ ). That might work when people don't run yellow lights with abandon, but I wouldn't want to see the effects in Cleveland.

jpznhzlt
============
Hello again,
I'm sorry because I'm a begginer in microcontrollrers
So, please can you help me just to begin...

It could be a pedestrian stop light on a one-way street?
Wouldn't the version of MPASM compiler be more important than the version of MPLAB used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back