Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

128x32 OLED display

Status
Not open for further replies.

yisus555

Hi all,
I have a 128x32 OLED SSD1306 screen, and I want to make it work on a controller board from Tibbo.
The documentation can be found here.
This board is programmed in C and its code is similar to that of the PICs, that is why I ask here.
Has anyone managed to adapt the AdafruitSSD1306 library and the Adafruit_GFX or found a method to make it work without errors?
The datasheet can be found here. Any document or link is helpful! :)

PS: The display goes by I2C communication

Didn't detect a question there!
So, talk to it via I²C and see how it works.

Mike.

There is an Arduino project that will detect I2C address of display if you do not have that.

Regards, Dana.

There is an Arduino project that will detect I2C address of display if you do not have that.

It's also easily converted to C, I did it years back for PIC's.

I can't emphasise how useful it is - particularly with things like an OLED display module - you spend days (if not weeks) getting nowhere, run the address detector, and then discover that the I2C address you've been using all the time is wrong, and the module you've got is set to a different address to the datasheet you've been using.

I generally allocate an I/O as a debug serial port, hardware if I've got a spare port, otherwise a simple pin-wiggling software port - and if I'm using I2C as part of the initialisation of the program I'll send the list of I2C addresses out the port.

Ok, after a few days I have managed to get the display to work, and it displays characters correctly.
What I want to do now is increase the font size like this.
I have tried to adapt it to my microcontroller, but nothing appears on the screen. I have also tried using a larger bitmap, but this happens.
IMG_20210812_144748.jpg

(It is a zero divided into 3 parts)
Somebody could help me? I've been stuck on this problem for a couple of days. Thanks!

I think, I've bought similar Displays.
In my case there is used a 128x64 driver for the Display, but any second line would not be used.
Try out a font with double height character size - I think that will work!

. I have also tried using a larger bitmap, but this happens.
Look at the part of the code that copies the character bitmap to LCD.

That will need modifying so the X and Y (width & height) counts match the new character bitmap size; at the moment it looks like it's still using the same bitmap size and treating the next part of the character as a different one.

The calculation to get the start address of each character will also need changing, with more pixels in each character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back