Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

120v wiring networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkim100

Banned
Does anyone happen to know if 120v wireless network units (the ones that use the 120v wiring in your house to carry network data) will talk to each other, when units are made by different manufacturers?
I know that they are not everyones cuppa tea, but I really like them, and they work quite well for areas of the house that my wireless signal cant get to.

Aside from like X10 which is really for light switches not data transfer. There may be a standard for broadband over in house power but I have no idea what the standards are. You'd be looking for something like 802.1X certification on the device, if there's nothing listed on the different packages to claim a specific standard, you can generally bet against them working together. The one caveat being 'cloned' units. Don't know much about them cause I've always prefered the hassle of hard wiring my networks. Wi-fi sucks unless you absolutely need wireless, and anything else is just a hack job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back