Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 volt to 0.5 volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank mc

hi guys i looking to put something together to replicate this, ign 12v feed switches to 0.5 volts for 10seconds, then switches back to 12volts every time key is turned on.
any help much appreciated

Why 0.5V (instead of 0V)?

This should do it. I dont know what the input resistance is to the ECU; I guessed 10KΩ. If it is a lot lower than than, we have to adjust some resistor values. Maybe you could measure it with an Ohmmeter, key off. See what it reads from the ECU input pin to ground.

The input to the circuit is the switched 12V through the key switch. That is on the right side of the schematic. The output is the presumed 10K input to the the ECU, on the left side.

The green trace is the key switch, and the red trace is the input to the ECU. If the input resistance to the ECU is much lower than 10K, then R7 and R2 will have to be adjusted. Let me know.

Attachments

• DF54.png
    DF54.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back