Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12 v powered usb hub with computer controlled and monitered wires coming from it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baxidur

Hi

First off let me say i'm new to this so if I get anything swrong or my discription is wrong try not to flame me to badly, i'm herer to learn after all.

So I'm trying to design a circuit i'm aiming for simplicity, cost and lightness in that order.
The circuit with be in a small box around 5 cm x 5 cm x 3 cm, but can go larger if necesary.
The imput/output for the box will be a 12 v powered usb. there will be six single wires running from the unit to various devices then down to earth. now heres where i'm struggling a bit, i want to be able to both open and close each of the individual wire circuits using binary code from a computer conected to the powered usb and also to be able to monitor the voltage running in each wire with a 0-100% scale using 1% increments and send that information from the box in binary form.

to recap:-

each of the six wires running from the powered usb hub needs to both:-

1) be able to be turned on and off with a binary message
2) be able to monitor the voltage in the circuit in 1% increments on a 0-100% from 0-12v (i was thinking maybe adc from my limited research but there may be better ways of doing this)

If there would be a way to run resetable fuses up to 15 amps on each of the 6 wires that would be a real bonus to.

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark Nutley

The imput/output for the box will be a 12 v powered usb
USB is 5 volts, what is a 12 volt powerd USB?
Are you trying to control 6 USB lines or 6 12 volt power lines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back