Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100s of these, what are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya Fez :)

What's happening?

Regards,
tv

got bunch of stuff to repair and such. only bad thing that happened recently was that my friend committed suicide...

got bunch of stuff to repair and such. only bad thing that happened recently was that my friend committed suicide...

Huh:(

Sorry to hear that Fez. That's sad. Girl or Guy? And why?

Regards,
tv

he was a guy, married with two kids. Why? i have no idea, he was depressed, and from what i heard, he drinked alcohol at some degree. He also started talking with psychiatry therapists, so at least he wanted help. too bad it was too late. depression is no joke, don't ever make laught of it, it eats from inside. At least now he has rest...

and as for those repair stuff, got 2.5kw 12vdc->230vac inverter, just opened it. seems that fault is at input side: 12 x 30amp fused switching units, and one of those fuses were ''replaced with....yeah, you guessed it, with nail!! no wonder it's broken....hopefully it's repairable, but no worries, i won't glitter too much this thread further :)

edit: i'll just salvage that beast for parts, there are 24 igbt's which all should be changed for succesfull repair attempts, and they cost at least more than 1-2€/pc. and there are most likely other faulty parts lurking there....even pcb tracks are burnt at couple places. what the hell has happened :D...

Last edited:
Your are fine Fez

You should see some of the stuff I get to work with....

1. Nice cigarette silver paper wound neatly around a Fuse and used. Customers wonder why their repairs cost so much after they have blown all to hell..
2. Heatsinks and nice shiny parts are there to make things look pretty.....the fact that the part(s) they are or have changed were firmly bolted to these pretty things makes no sense...bang. And so on.

What a World.

Regards,
tv

They are Low uH, RF Chokes.
Not mH.
You need a Better Inductance meter to test them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back