Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10 stages of different gains, output voltage is momentarily 1 volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexterMccoy

10 stages of different gains, output voltage is momentarily 1 volt
The circuits I'm troubleshooting has a Momentarily output voltage at +1 volt on a good board

The problems with the bad boards is that the momentarily output voltage is not at 1 volt but .800 volts or .600 volts. some are 900 volts, etc.

The circuit has 10 stages of different gains of using LM741 op amps and different IC chips

Which IC chip is causing the momentary output voltage to not be at +1 volt?

What kind of troubleshooting can determine which IC is causing the problem?

I have been replace each IC chip one by one until i find the problem

How would you approach this type of problem?

- - - Updated - - -

The input is a switch and the output voltage rises momentarily to +1 volt on a good board

The Bad boards, output voltage rises momentarily to .600 volts to .900 volts

The voltage starts at the input of stage#1 at zero voltage and rises up to +1 volt on output stage#10 just momentarily it stays at +1 volt and then discharges back down to zero volts

The problem is which IC op amp or IC chip is causes the voltage not to rise up to +1 volt on the output stage#10

I have to replace the IC's one by one until i find which IC chip is causing the problem

How would you troubleshoot and approach this type of problem?

The voltages from input to output for each stage or IC op amp are not stable voltages

"The voltages rise up momentarily "

The last stage output is 1 volt momentarily and then discharges down to zero

Then make measurements starting in the middle by measuring the output voltage from stage #5.This only works if the voltage are stable , not rising up or discharging

Each stage , each IC opamps input and outputs are not stable voltages, they are ramping up and down

An oscilloscope will show you the peak voltage of a ramp.
The peak voltage of the ramp is the output, which is 1 volt

Do you know what is the required peak ramp output from each opamp?No , but how do you find out?

How can i use the O-scope to find out each peak ramp output for each op amp? how many channels would I need for this?

I would have to use a storage O scope

What kind of troubleshooting would you do to find which IC chip is causing the voltage to be different?

How can i use the O-scope to find out each peak ramp output for each op amp? how many channels would I need for this?

I"M NOT SURE HOW TO GET THE PEAK RAMP output for each IC op amp?

How many 0-scope channels would I need and what else do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back