Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1. Getting desired threshold voltage 2. Delay in the output of 555 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdmuashr

How can I vary/set desired threshold voltage in 555 IC using potentiometer?
How can I get delay in the output of 555 IC?

Note: I want to use 555 IC in bistable mode (as an alternative of Schmitt trigger) and I want to apply sine wave as input to 555 IC.

1) Connect one end of the potentiometer to the supply voltage that is most positive and the other end of it to the ground or supply voltage that is most negative. Connect the center terminal to pin 6 of the 555 and turn the knob.
2) connect resistors and capacitors as described in the circuit example.

Attachments

• LM555..pdf
    150.3 KB · Views: 136
How can I vary/set desired threshold voltage in 555 IC using potentiometer?
How can I get delay in the output of 555 IC?

Note: I want to use 555 IC in bistable mode (as an alternative of Schmitt trigger) and I want to apply sine wave as input to 555 IC.

First sim shows what a 555 does naturally. The trip points for TRIG is 1/3Vcc and THRS is 2/3Vcc, respectively. In this example, I powered the 555 with 9V, so it is easy to see it trip at 3V and 6V.

The second sim shows how to make the 555 Schmitt Trig trip on a small ac signal. Compare the resistor values to the first sim. Note how the middle 10K was split into two 5Ks, and the two outside 10Ks were increased to 10.5K. By capacatively coupling the AC signal to the center tap, the voltages at TRIG and THRS swing through the trip points at the appropriate time.

Attachments

• D19.png
    D19.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 169
  • D19a.png
    D19a.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back