Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1:1 transformer at low frequency and high temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

veerubiji

Hi,

I trying to find a 1:1 transformer in my application. I couldn't find except BHelectronics manufacturer(l17 series). Can any one suggest me some 1:1 transformers at high temperature other than these.

Thanks.

We need to know, at least:

* Voltages being handled
* Current Ratings
* Voltage Isolation expected
* Operating Temperature Range

Ramesh

For those that are trying to help:
BH Electronics
bhelectronics.com/products/dc-dc-power-products/smt-dual-inductors-transformers/mini-pak.html
Current is very low.
Frequency is high. not 60 hz
"with same voltage isolation" probably 12V

200C Is that the air temp? Most parts have trouble at high temp. What IC? You need to de-rate all your parts!

try http://pulseelectronics.com/ or coilcraft.com

Make your Own.
Laminated Iron Core and High Temp Magnet wire.
Should be Fairly Easy.

If above about 20kc then ferrite might be a better choice, below iron powder or laminated iron as chemelec says, electronic components outlets do various empty transformers, the epcos efd series is one of the ones I have used.
You can get class S winding wire, the highest temp I've seen but its no easy to source and is only made in a few sizes and even then it only goes to around 250 degrees c, can you isolate the trans from the heat source?

Hi,
I found 1:1 transformer for my application which can operate at 200 degree centigrade.

I am looking for one more transformer at same temperature which can provide +10v/-10v power supply from battery.

I need to get +/- power supply to my electronics from from battery. I am trying to find a transformer to do this job. Can anyone help me with this kind of transformer.

Thanks.

Veerubiji,

Please give us information on the transformer you found.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How are you getting from a battery (DC of unknown voltage) to +/-10V?
Please show your circuit.

If I was giv
Hi,
I found 1:1 transformer for my application which can operate at 200 degree centigrade.

I am looking for one more transformer at same temperature which can provide +10v/-10v power supply from battery.

I need to get +/- power supply to my electronics from from battery. I am trying to find a transformer to do this job. Can anyone help me with this kind of transformer.

Thanks.

If I was Given MORE DETAILED INFO, I could probably make you a Suitable Transformer.
I have the High Temp wire and Numerous Iron and Ferrite Cores.

I Need to know the Frequency, Voltage and Current Requirements.

Chemelec, The frequency is DC. (battery).....lol Wind that transformer.

There is very little information here.

Chemelec, The frequency is DC. (battery).....lol Wind that transformer.

There is very little information here.

Yes I Know what he Wrote.
But I ASSUME he plans to use an Oscillator of some type to give an AC Signal.

Hi,

Thanks.

Are you looking for a Transformer or a Power supply module that gives +10V and -10V from a battery and can work in an environment of 200 Deg Celsius?

Ramesh

Yes, I am using xr-2209 oscillator to give an AC signal. I have the circuit like they are using xr-2209 oscillator and RM5-AB6 transformer with six pin, I would like to replace that oscillator and transformer with high temp.
If i din't find these components with high temp then i need to look for a Power supply module that gives +10V and -10V from a battery and can work in an environment of 200 Deg Celsius!

Thanks.

Last edited:
The xr-2209 is the wrong part.
>It has a maximum temp of 70C. There is a high temp version 125C.
Try This Part:

Attachments

• sn6501.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 302
Do you also intend the battery to be in the 200°C environment?

Ken

The transformer rating will be only one of several worries.
200C is above the melting temperature of SnPb solder. You could use RoHS solder, though.

The biggest worry will be core demagnetisation. 200 degrees Celsius is at or above the Curie temperature of the Manganese Zinc soft ferrites used in SMPS transformers (see for example: Table 3 of http://www.intl-magnetics.org/pdfs/SFG-98.pdf. Nickel Zinc ferrites have higher Curie temps, but operate at much higher frequencies (MHz range).

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back