Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1:1 DC to AC Sine Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to turn 12V DC into 12V AC (give or take) with a sine like output. It doesn't have to be a perfect sine but shouldn't be a square wave either.

Basically I added verbosity there.

I'm looking to turn 12V DC into 12V AC (give or take) with a sine like output. It doesn't have to be a perfect sine but shouldn't be a square wave either.

Basically I added verbosity there.

Basically you added nothing, with no context it's just a nonsense question.

Unless you want to change it to 'I want the most expensive way possible to do something, cost or efficiency doesn't matter'.

OK:- :)

cost - doesn't matter
efficiency - anything reasonable, 50% plus

Simplicity and off-the-shelf if possible, I have no time for creating PCB's.

AC has a frequency, your request does not.
AC can have a frequency that is so low that you can see what it is driving moving slowly up and down, or it can have an extremely high microwave radio frequency.
If the efficiency is only 50% then for 12VAC at 3A output, either the 12V input must be higher and/or the 3A input current must be higher to produce the wasted 36W of heat.

A sinewave of 12V RMS has an output that is 34V peak-to-peak so a voltage boosting circuit must be used and a current boosting circuit must boost the current of 3A RMS which has peaks of 4.3A.

12V x 3A= 36W. What is it for? 12V DC is used in a car. A modern bridged class-D car radio can produce a sine like audio frequency output of 8.5V RMS into a 2 ohm speaker producing 36W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back