Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0 to 999

Status
Not open for further replies.

123javed123

i m totally a newbie in this.
i doing enginnering (sem-IV)
i have to make a 7 a counter which counts from 0 to 999
by using three 7 segment display, 555 , 4026.
also can any one suggest me ic which produces diffrent diffrent frequencies through different pins and frequency should be double of previous one.
if ne 1 can help me then plz tell me
it will increase my termworks
plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:confused:

If you connect a 555 to a CD4040 chip, each output will be half the previous one.
Or working backwards, each lower output will be double the previous one.

I have a circuit that counts to 999 using CD4026 IC's. Simply connect the outputs to a 7-segment display. You don't need resistors as the chips are current limiting.

Connect output pin5 of the first (the units chip) to pin 1 of the tens chip. Continue this for the hundreds chip.

Last edited:
If you connect a 555 to a CD4040 chip, each output will be half the previous one.
Or working backwards, each lower output will be double the previous one.

I have a circuit that counts to 999 using CD4026 IC's. Simply connect the outputs to a 7-segment display. You don't need resistors as the chips are current limiting.

Connect output pin5 of the first (the units chip) to pin 1 of the tens chip. Continue this for the hundreds chip.

Colin, surely you don't think you were detailed enough to satisfy him, do you?
I expect he wants a detailed schematic and parts list.:rolleyes:

If you use a 4060 IC, you just need 2 resistors and a capcitor on pins 9, 10, 11 and the chip will clock.

See, not even a reply. Why waste time creating a circuit for someone that doesn't even reply.

That's why I prefer to deal with customers that pay up-front. No-one really respects you when you offer something-for-nothing.

I have experienced this for the past 40 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back