Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-5V / 0-10V to 4-20mA signal converter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danbubbles

Hi everyone.

I have a device that can output voltages in the -10 to 10 V range but would like to utilise either 0-5 or 0-10 V (DC) for convenience. My problem is a second device that I would like to control has a 4-20mA control. Therefore my question is how can I create a signal converter to change the voltage to current. I believe an OP amp is the best way to go but am unsure how to acquire the 4-20mA signal. Can anyone help with this and provide a circuit diagram if posible.

Thanks all.

hi,
I used these devices for V to I conversion.
E

Attachments

• AD694.pdf
    426.3 KB · Views: 262
Hi Eric.

This looks great and is a lot cheaper than some other options I have seen. I know I'm pushing my luck a little but you couldn't suggest what pins to wire to achieve the voltage to mA conversion we're after? Do you think the AD694 can do 0.01 V per 0.016 mA? Thanks again for the help, it is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back