Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

0-400V digital PSU design

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it's time to consider about safety:)
there will be optocoupler between MCU and DAC. but still, a floating circuit like this can have safety issues associated with it due to the fact that there is no low impedance path to ground. also, when the PSU closed/no load, there is no way to discharge the capacitors.
I think we are ok with the output capacitor C1 - It will get discharged by R$, R5 in about 1/3 second. But I do worry about the main supply. I suspect it has its own bleeder resistor on the output, but if the 500 volts is still up when the 15 volts is down we have the problem of the regulator turning on. So power sequence is important. If it is an unknown we can take a look at a way to prevent it.
there may exists capacitive coupling in transformer. or electrostatic discharge due to the other parts of circuit.
how they can be prevented?
I don't have much experience with these issues. It might be a good idea to start another thread to see if there is someone here with ideas.
would you detail your warning about directly connecting the outputs? the PSU which have floating output like this one should act as a battery
Yes, I think you are correct. But I sometimes float a scope, for example, so it's case can have voltage in reference to another output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back