µC code repository??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickster

Most Helpful Member
The 'Locally Hosted Datasheet List' sub-section, within "Datasheet/Part Requests" seems to be quite useful.

Would there be any interest in an additional sub-section within "Micro Controllers", where members could post working code for a particular µC, along with a brief description/schematic?

Repeated requests for the same, or similar, basic code could then be referred to this section, instead of being re-hashed.

Your thoughts please.

I think that's a great idea, I would like to see more content like that organized and easily searchable for users.

Hi Guys,

I'm very interested in discussing this a bit further. I think the new CMS system maybe a good place for this type of data.

Does anyone have any content to start things off? If I can get some basic data (PM it to me ) I can then play round with the layout for it.

Thanks guys,

EM

Does anyone have any content to start things off? If I can get some basic data (PM it to me ) I can then play round with the layout for it.

feel free to take anything from my site.
(link below)

how about my 'Binary to 7 Segment Decoder'

Contact Atomsoft, his GLCD work and code as well as the detailed conversations in the forums are priceless.

Hi guys.

I've created a category in the CMS which will hold all the code.

As we get more codes I will create more directories, so if you have something to share please do

I only briefly touched on atomsofts threads on the issue as it's not a topic I'm particularly interested in, he added quiet a bit of his own code which is why I attributed him as the creator of the project, although now that you mention it I do seem to recall your name being dropped in the thread a few times, like I said though didn't pay too close attention to the details, just thought the poster would benefit from searching for and looking at the code that he ended up with.

Just a thought, excellent idea to have a code repository, what about a "language" section, so people can post ASM (even if it is inline) code, and also, maybe a area in the description to say what compiler it was originally written for, I have various code in CCS C, Mikro C Pro and C18, and as they use different libraries, the code isn't completely portable.

Just my 2 pennies worth.

Wilksey

I'd have to agree, three catagories I could see being relevant would be ASM basic and C. PIC vs AVR or 8051 or whatever should be commited as there would all of a sudden have to be a trillion catagories, but at least by course language filtering would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…