Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless communication between two independent micro controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhimappa K Lali

Hi all
I want to establish a wireless communication link between two micro controllers operating independently. I want to send a new data continuously from one to another. But it take time of 220mili seconds to complete the execute the entire code once. So that a new data can be sent from one to another only after the time delay of 220 mili seconds, but when I used the RF modules operating at 433MHz it will not work properly but it will work properly when we send data continuously without the time delay but which is not the situation in our case. The details of the code are attached here with.
Can you please suggest the solution to the problem. Can ZigBee be the solution for the problem.

The problem is the delay(1); instruction that you have in there it delays for 1ms, obviously your code is looping about 200 times, is the delay required? If so you can create a custom delay by putting a for loop to simple loop repetativly a large number of times until the appropriate delay is generated.

How fast do you need to transmit the data?

The problem is the delay(1); instruction that you have in there it delays for 1ms, obviously your code is looping about 200 times, is the delay required? If so you can create a custom delay by putting a for loop to simple loop repetativly a large number of times until the appropriate delay is generated.

How fast do you need to transmit the data?

the delay is required for the proper operation of the peripherals interfaced with the microcontroller..we tried manchester encoding for this which didnt work...and tried with our own protocol like first sending data to to synchronise and then send actual data....nothing worked out for us...so we are thinking of buying zigbee module...i heard that it sends data in 802.15.4 standard but we thought it would be better to ask someone who has worked with before buying...

what will zigbee send when no data is sent that is the 200ms gap....

Last edited:
If you tried Manchester coding, and it didn't work - then you didn't do it right.
For wireless communication you need Manchester or some similar type of coding.

A full 1ms delay is required? I severely doubt that, write a manual delay loop and continue to increase the value until it works properly. I agree with Nigel, if Manchester encoding didn't work then you did something wrong, perhaps you clocked the data out too fast or decoded it improperly.

Zigbee would be a better solution but that's because the modules take care of the RF end of things for you, it would be significantly easier for you to implement generally although more coding is required for initialization.

Exactly how much bandwidth do you require?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back