Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

winpic800 and propic2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramzi76

Hi All,

I'm new to microchip PICs and I'm facing a problem programming the 16f84a PIC:
I built a paralel port programmer which is compatible with the ProPic2 hardware
I used the Winpic800 software, but when I read the PIC, I get at address 0 (program code) the value of the device ID (0x0560) and I can't program any hex file since I must first write to the reset address (0x0)
Doea anyone have any clues what is wrong??.

Regards,

Ramzi.

Normally you would write the code, assemble or compile it, load the .hex file you created into the programmer software, erase the pic, program the pic and then verify it. I have not use the one you have, but that is the general sequence.

You should be able to put the chip in programmer, load the programmer program, and just erase the chip. If you get no error, then all is wired correctly. And a read (load) from the pic should show all the bytes set the same value (00h or ffh).

mramos1 said:
And a read (load) from the pic should show all the bytes set the same value (00h or ffh).

If it reads 00h then something is badly wrong, a blank erased PIC will read all one's - 3FFFh for 14 bit PIC's like the 16F84. It can never read 00h or FFh, as they don't have enough bits.

Opps. Nigel is right. 3fffH is what they showed (I recall the old EPIC screen now). I have not used a PIC in some time..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back