Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Windos XP pro user account problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TtOoWwAa

In Windows XP pro or Windows XP home you get an account named 'administrator' by default,

this account can only be accessed (aka logged in) when your in safe mode, in normal boot mode it doesn't show up in the user account login screen.

I deleted the account in the users and groups section of the 'computer management' section which is in 'administrative tools'

I can still see all the data that's on that account in C:\Administrator but I want the actual account back so I can log in under safe mode,

its obviously not in the safe mode user account login screen now but I need it to be there like it was before I deleted it / by default on the OS.

*Note that in this account it differed to the administrator account i use at the minute because i could change the themes, wallpaper,screen saver,etc and it was invisible in normal boot mode unlike the current account.*

Last edited:
have you tried to use the restore function

no, i need to be able to do the same thing for my friend and he isn't allowed to restore the computer so i will have to do it manually and write down how i did it then get him to do the same thing. also i dont have any backup storage

control pane, then recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back