Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Widescreen sync issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Most Helpful Member
After playing with crt's thi sweekend the mrs has asked me to sort an issue with our tv.
It continuously switches from 4:3 to 16:9 aspect, during ads and during programs on all channels, I've had this before during ads as the broadcasters do not allways maintaing correct snyc during ads, but this is a digital system (freesat).
The tv works with a cross hatch generator perfectly, for 1/2 an hour.
i take it theres an issue with the vsync, is there anything I can do with this, I'm expected to be able to fix ot.

Usually there's an option in the setup menu to force the TV to stay in the 16:9 aspect if you don't want it to change. There also may be that option in the satellite receiver setup.

I doubt there's an issue with the sync. That is embedded in the digital signal stream.

After playing with crt's thi sweekend the mrs has asked me to sort an issue with our tv.
It continuously switches from 4:3 to 16:9 aspect, during ads and during programs on all channels, I've had this before during ads as the broadcasters do not allways maintaing correct snyc during ads, but this is a digital system (freesat).
The tv works with a cross hatch generator perfectly, for 1/2 an hour.
i take it theres an issue with the vsync, is there anything I can do with this, I'm expected to be able to fix ot.

Almost certainly NOT an issue with sync, as the picture is presumably still synchronised?.

First off, what aspect ratio do you have the TV set to? - it needs to be set to 16:9 - if it's set to Auto it will be pretty unusable.

Isnt there info in the sync that tells the tv what kind of signal it is?

I havent worked out how to get to the menu yet, no remote for this one, it was free.

Isnt there info in the sync that tells the tv what kind of signal it is?

No, there's information carried on line 23.

I haven't worked out how to get to the menu yet, no remote for this one, it was free.

You probably don't need the menu button, you just need the aspect ratio button on the remote - sounds like you have it set wrongly.

Line 23 interesting, makes sense just before the field.

The dog ate the remote, if I can find the patience I'll see if I can get my universal one to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back