Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Whoa! FOrum update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems rather washed out and bleached to me!

Kind of has that winterish feel I think. I miss the background colors.

It looks good, but it wll take time to get used to.

ElectroMaster will continue to tweak the look and feel. I have no idea what he's going to do, but I'm not too worried. It looks pretty sterile right now. Really hate the spaces between posts in a thread.

For some reason, eveytime I visit the site I have to relog in my user name, the password is then auto filled, the 'Remember Me' box is checked.

For some reason, eveytime I visit the site I have to relog in my user name, the password is then auto filled, the 'Remember Me' box is checked.

I use opera and it takes care of all my passwords. The first time when I logged in it suddenly gave me a popup with 2 choices of accounts. Both were the same except that one was lowercase. Anyway the top one also did the same as you described, but the bottom one worked for me.

Maybe it's just something small that EM still has to fix.

BTW welcome back Eric.

I can no longer find the "User CP" to ckeck on my subscribed posts.

Goto "Quick Links" on the top and you will see it there.

Or click on Settings in the top right corner near Logout. You can get it there too.

Electro Master said he was gonna be away for the next 24 hours in another post. This is the 2nd major upsetting type upgrade I think I've been here for, the other was with a previous major version upgrade. It'll settle out in a few weeks.

So suck it up folks =)

Last edited:
I agree.
Really bad now.
That washed out view is awful.

Thanks for posting. I thought my monitor is getting weak. The good old smilies have gone as well.

I am rather disapointed with the smilies as well. I was sort of hoping for an added selection.

So whats with the green power blocks? Are they our avatar life force numbers?

Who's keeping score? Oh yeah... Everyone here! =O

What's the difference between the orange and blue envelop icons? (Since our screen colors may not be the same, on my monitor, gray is "read.") Also, they seem a little large and distracting to me. Why not eliminate them and just go to bold for not read, regular for read?

John

Oh!

So far it doesn't look like an upgradation to me. I like the old system where the forum looked more serious!

Terrible and horrible looking smileys and icons LOL.. icon10.gif

For me, half the reply boxes, like jpanhalt above are blank. Also at the top of the screen the 'quick links'
and 'blog' are printed one over the other. i also have a problem with it freezing up on me and have to shut down IE.

edit: I'm running IE6 (old, I know) and win 2k, never had any problems before this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back